Monday, November 15, 2010

My goals of running

    Growing up, I personally never thought that I would be a runner in a million years. I was uncoordinated, couldn't even run without tripping over my two feet, but later became to love every moment of it. It took a while in my life to grasp the whole concept of running and racing, but by my junior year in high school, I felt I had a pretty firm grip on things.
     In high school the funny thing was I hated running anything above the 800 in track. Now in college I love every long distance race, because I feel that the longer the race gets the better I get. I know kind of weird to think about especially for running cause eventually you think you would get worn out.
    The way I stay motivated through it all is that I just think about how much pain the person beside me is and try to push through it harder. This is why in my lifetime there are two goals that I would love to achieve; complete a marathon under three hours and to complete an ultra marathon.
   Just imagining the feeling that will take place after these two goals are accomplished will be amazing for me. I know that neither will be easy, but honestly what is in life. A marathon is a race of mental strength and smart racing. You can't go out too hard because the consequences could lead to collapsing fast, but you must stay in contention. 26.2 miles of racing, why would anyone what to do such a thing to their body, its something that everyone I feel must try out in their lifetime.
   The ultra marathon on the other hand is really hard to transfer because you will be running for an extensive period of time over the day and night. Its all strategy planning out where to stop, and move in the race. This to me is just absolutely nuts thinking about it because a hundred miles of just pain, why would I do this to myself. I feel that if I can make it through this in life that nothing else will be able to compare anything to it in difficulty. These goals are part of who I am and definitely won't be satisfied until they are complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment