Friday, November 19, 2010

Marathons

   Why would anyone want to run a marathon? Is it the accomplish that one feels after completing the 26.2? Could it be that one loves to push their body to limits that it has never been pushed before? Or maybe is it they might just love the feeling of pain. Everybody who runs marathons has their own reasons for running them just like I have my own.
   Personally, it has always been my goal to go out and run a full marathon has fast as I can and push my body through all the pain. I haven't got the chance yet, for I am focused on my college training for cross country and track which is more 5K and 10K races. Right after college though, the first thing I am going to do is put my body to the test in a marathon. The way I see things, the miles that I have been running are all there, it will be time for me to put them to use to reach my max potential in running.
   My running has gotten a lot better since I have been running under Coach Gleason's program. When I came to college I was an average 18:45 to 19:00 minute 5K kid, nothing special I know. But, coach has been building my miles up and it is starting to pay off and my legs aren't feeling bad like they did from freshmen year with the change of intensity. Now I am a low 17:00 minute 5K runner in a 8K race, that is usually the split I come through at for the race. By senior year I will be putting in over 100 miles a week, so it will be the best to go for it all when I am at the best shape of my life with running. Wish me luck......

No comments:

Post a Comment